Sunday, 8 May 2011

Testimony

I have a firm testimony of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not through any outstanding experience but a lifetime of small, Spiritual, undeniable experiences, that I must not forget. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true witness of the Saviour, and the more I read it the more certain my testimony grows. As George Cannon said, "No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so." It was through the work of the Prophet Joseph Smith that the restoration was brought about; even through persecution and hatred, the work continued. I have felt the incredible power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life. I know that Christ lives, and that the only way back to my Father is through an enduring faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. Although parted by a veil of forgetfulness, I look forward to the day when I can personally thank the Saviour for giving me the opportunity for Exaltation. How remarkable that day will be. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the living Prophet here on Earth. He personally signed my mission call, and it is now my chance to go forward and serve my Saviour, my Father, and the people in the Greece Athens Mission. The work is true. God be with you till we meet again.

5 comments: