Sunday, 8 May 2011

Mission Farewell

Today has been an excellent Sabbath Day. It was my farewell talk in Sacrament Meeting, and it was so good to have so many friends and family come to the Ward. Teddy and Fran was there, and some of Charlotte's and Mum's friends. I was actually nervous before I spoke; this is one of the most important talks of my life, and I haven't given a talk in months. I spoke for 20 - 25 minutes on missionary work, and how the Lord can make your life so much more if you have faith. I read 'The Master's Hand', and bore my testimony of the Gospel. The Spirit was so strong, and I was in tears by the end. This Gospel is beautiful. Saying goodbye to so many people was difficult, but at the same time, it feels like the right time, and just another step. As I put my faith in the Lord, I know everything will work out. I'm being set apart as a full-time missionary this evening - in just a couple of hours. I'm going to the Missionary Training Center tomorrow, and then I'll be heading to Greece in just a couple of months. How incredible.



2 comments: