Thursday, 16 July 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - London Premiere

Yeah, you heard right.

Back on Tuesday 7th July, Laura and I went up to Leicester Square for the World Premiere of 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'. I'd found out about it a while back, and really really wanted to go. I texted all my friends, but some couldn’t make it, and some didn't wanna come along, which is fair enough. But both me and Laura were stoked to be going up there. That morning, we found out there were already hundreds of people queuing up, and it was gonna rain, but we still wanted to go. We left college just a bit early, and bought the ridiculously expensive train tickets to get up to the city. We were just chatting on the ride about some random stuff, marketing, future, etc. We finally got up there, and even two hours before the event began, the square was absolutely packed. There must have been a million people there. Definitely thousands. We walked around the square trying to find the best place to stand. We settled for just outside the Odeon, even though we were pretty far back from the red carpet. We waited and waited, just chatted and getting some pics and whatnot. Suddenly it flash-flooded. It was so crazy. We didn’t have an umbrella, so the sheet rain soaked us to the bone as we tried to get under other people's umbrellas. And all this happened just as the first stars were arriving; Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco. (I'll use character names for ease.) It was seriously thundering and lightning, and flooded everyone at the event. And it was so windy; the fences surrounding the crowds were nearly collapsing. We we’re just having enough when Ron came walking past where we were standing to go into the cinema. He gave me five as he walked past, and I got a pretty bad pic; everyone was going crazy. Then Laura and I moved out from where we were getting drenched, and thankfully the rain stopped, so we headed over to where the celebs got out the cars.
We met / saw Hagrid, Snape, Tonks, Ginny, Filch, Seamus, the Weasley twins, Mr Weasley, Bellatrix, Sprout, McGonagle, J K Rowling, and Dumbledore… Dumbledore shook my hand and asked me how I was. It was so aweesome! I was like, "I"m good thankyou!" Haha, it was so cool. I tried to get pictures of most of them, but they’re not great, because of the crowd and stuff. Plus, the water soaked the camera I was using, which is why it's blurry and discoloured sometimes…
We got absolutely drenched, but it was so worth it.

[Pictures soon]

1 comment: