Wednesday, 3 December 2008

The TWILIGHT Zone!

I’ve just got back from the UK Premiere of Twilight, and I’m so excited about seeing the film in a couple of week’s time. I really wanted to go to the Premiere as well, and was so stoked to go when I found out what day it was and when. So, after college, Dad drove Charlotte and me to Leicester Square, London, but not until I’d got a camera from the Media department to film the event. I’d done my hair especially for the event like Edward’s, and did a pretty good job of it, looking awesomely cool for a day. Helena, Lewis, and Tom left college at lunch, and went up there early, managing to save us a space near the barrier. We walked into the Square, beautifully lit with Christmas decorations, and pushed our way to the front to join our friends. They put up a bare tree, and pumped out fog, recreating Forks. We had an excellent view of the big screen, the black carpet, the cars, and the stars. Cameras were everywhere, panning the area, presenters talking into their mics. The press buzzing; flashes going off regularly. Everyone there was waiting in anticipation...

Six pm came, and the Premiere began. Alex Zane from T4 was presenting the event, exhilarating the crowd, and introducing and interviewing the stars as they arrived. It was getting dark and cold, but the electricity from the audience kept everyone warm and lit up the night. The first car turned the corner and pulled up, with the crowd was screaming as Kristen Stewart stepped out. She is so gorgeous – seriously – and began walking around the crowd, signing books, cards, posters, and anything else the fans handed to her, after posing for the press. She began one end of the crowd, and worked her way around. Everyone was going crazy as she came towards us. I was doing my best to get footage of her, and didn’t have anything for her to sign anyway, so just pushed my hand to the front, and she shook it. She looks amazing in her dress, and I can now say that I’ve met Kristen Stewart! Soon, Catherine Hardwicke, the director, turned up. She too got a good reception, and I was glad to see the person in flesh who originally had the vision for the film, and worked towards creating that idea, to share it with others. Other people turned up, some of whom people didn’t know, as well as some other actors, singers, groups, and celebrities arrived, but Rob Pattinson was the main focus of everyone’s attention. The crowd surged and went wild when he stepped out of a car, girls screaming his name into the night sky. He went to have his interview with Alex, then began going around the audience signing items and getting pictures with people. He eventually came around to our side, and the audience was crushing together, shouting his name, waving banners. It was a pretty awesome sight. He came really close to us – about six feet or so – and we were anticipating being able to meet him too. Charlotte wanted a kiss from him, and I just wanted to say I’d met him. Suddenly, some power-hungry security guard told us to “Move back, or else he won’t come to you”. Rob then moved across to the other side of the crowd, and didn’t return. Everyone was really mad at that security guard for the rest of the night…

It was an excellent event, and although there weren’t as many stars there as I’d hoped, it was still brilliant to go to my first proper Premiere, and experience the excitement of seeing celebrities. We made friends with the people around us, my hair stayed like Edward’s, and I got some great footage, which I hope to be able to work on soon. Kristen said it best when she said the LA Premiere wasn’t as good as the London Premiere…


Just 16 days until Twilight is released in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment